The two-stage competition for the construction of two buildings for future soft mobility services in the Ofanto Valley is underway. The deadline to register for the competition is February 27, 2023. The complete announcement is at the bottom of the article in the Attachments section.
The cycle paths along the river banks are configured as “natural” routes both from a morphological point of view, due to the lack of sharp differences in height, and from a historical-tourist point of view.
There Province of Barletta Andria Trani has undertaken a specific enhancement activity on the themes of naturalistic use and slow mobility within the Ofanto River Regional Natural Park.
The entire route of the cycle path constitutes a first attempt to bring the system into coherence and continuity viability existing with specific values of panoramic view, historicity, symbolism, proximity to the river. The route connects areas and sites of naturalistic and historical-cultural interest in the municipalities affected by the park.
The purpose of the contest is the re-functionalization of two existing structures at the Dam of Locone and at the Eco‐museum of Canne della Battaglia for environmental protection activities in the area; velo-stations; eco-tourist hostel/guesthouse by increasing eco-use activities.
There regeneration of abandoned areas and buildings along the route of the cycle path they will favor various forms of integrated fruition, recreational, naturalistic, didactic, cultural, aimed at citizens and specific sectors, schools, naturalists.
The estimated cost for the construction of the work, including safety charges, is €2,420,000.00 net of VAT
The opening of enrollments and the simultaneous sending of the papers and administrative documentation for the 1st degree is scheduled for the day January 25, 2023expiring at February 27, 2023.
Download the announcement at the bottom of the article in the Attachments section.
Papers required for the first degree
The papers required for the first degree are:
- illustrative report – maximum 4 A4 format pages – vertical orientation – Arial font size 12, single line spacing. The report will highlight the concepts expressed graphically, with particular reference to the evaluation criteria indicated in the announcement. Graphic schemes, images and covers are not allowed;
- consistency check with the cost limits of the works;
- no. 2 graphic tables (n. 1 dedicated to the Locone reservoir site and n. 1 dedicated to the Canne della Battaglia site) horizontal A1 format as per attached facsimile – horizontal orientation – free representational technique in black and white and/or color – print on a single facade-, containing the representation of the design idea that will be developed in the 2nd degree, through a planimetric scheme, functional schemes and three-dimensional representations of the areas and spaces designed (realized using graphics and/or free images).
Papers required for the second degree
The opening for sending the documents and any administrative documentation for the 2nd degree is scheduled for the day April 11, 2023 with a deadline set on the day May 11, 2023.
The documents required in this second phase are:
- illustrative report – maximum 15 pages in A4 format – vertical orientation – Arial font size 11 and single line spacing;
- ssummary time the cost of the works;
- no. 4 graphic tables – horizontal A1 format – free representational technique in black and white or colour; single-sided print, containing the following minimum elements for both contest areas.
The prize pool of the competition amounts to a total of €33,518.15 Euros.
This amount will be distributed as follows:
- 1st place: 13,000.00 Euros;
- 2nd/3rd/4th/5th place: 2,500.00 Euros.
Design competition for two Albergabici at the service of the Valle dell’Ofanto cycle path