Competition in two stages for the construction of a new school complex for use by primary and lower secondary schools with annexed gymnasium in Marene (CN). Deadline for registration and presentation of the first degree project set for 31 January 2023. The complete announcement of the competition is at the bottom of the article in the Attachments section.
Design competition: the notice
The school complex houses the Luigi Einaudi primary school and the Marene secondary schoolboth school structures depend on the Istituto Comprensivo Papa Giovanni XXII of Savigliano.
The Municipal Administration intends to pursue two main objectives:
- equip the community with a new school building safe, innovative from an architectural, plant and technological point of view, and characterized by learning environments that can be adapted to the educational and organizational needs of a constantly changing school;
- create a real civic centre: the new school complex must in fact become an element of connection with the contextcontribute to the quality of the urban fabric and constitute a pole of attraction for the social life of the area, offering spaces to host activities aimed at the community.
The new school must therefore be thought of as the node of an educational network in the area which contributes to expanding the allocation of spaces for aggregation and the opportunities for using public spaces. The gym, multipurpose room and outdoor areas can be made available after school hours and therefore host more strictly educational activities, moments of leisure and free time.
The opening of registrations with the simultaneous sending of administrative documentation and 1st degree documents is fixed at January 16, 2023 expiring at January 31, 2023.
The estimated cost for the construction of the work, including safety charges not subject to discount, is equal to 6,244,570.00 euros net of VAT
See the announcement at the bottom of the article in the Attachments section.
Papers required for the first degree
The papers required for the first degree are:
- no. 1 board in A2 format with orientation chosen by the competitor and showing a graphic metric reference (metric system) for any reproductions and containing in turn;
- 1 technical-illustrative report of maximum 5 sides plus cover and index, in A4 format with orientation chosen by the competitor, possibly accompanied by images and graphic diagrams and containing the indication of the design criteria with particular reference to the aspects of urban and architectural design and must illustrate, in addition to the coherence with the indications of the Guidelines, its sustainability under the technical, pedagogical and cost aspects.
Papers required for the second degree
The papers required for the second degree are:
- elaborate graphics for a maximum of no. 3 boards in A0 format with orientation chosen by the competitor and showing a graphic metric reference (decimal metric system) for any reproductions containing the graphic schemes for identifying the dimensional, volumetric, typological, functional and technological characteristics of the works envisaged in the project (suitable scales ) for the development of the design solution relating to the ex-novo school complex and the related external arrangements;
- n.1 technical-illustrative report for a maximum of n. 15 pages plus cover and indexin A4 format, possibly accompanied by images and graphic diagrams and containing an indication of the design criteria with particular reference to the architectural and urban planning aspects of the proposed project;
- n.1 scheme for the calculation of the surfaces and the consistency check of the functional program;
- n.1 economic estimate report in A4 format, including the choice regarding the possible subdivision into functional lots, with the identification of the categories of works and the relative amounts, determined by applying the incidence shares of the corresponding works with respect to the total cost;
- n.1 multimedia video.
The competition provides for a total prize pool, net of social security and welfare contributions and VAT if due, equal to:
- 62,000.00 euros for the 2nd degree of the competition;
- 815,371.26 euros for the subsequent phases, to be entrusted to the winner with reserve, by negotiated procedure without prior publication of the notice.
The project considered winner of the 2nd degree can issue a fee for an amount equal to 34,000.00 euros as first prize and full reimbursement of the technical and economic feasibility project.
The owners of the remaining projects who have duly passed the second degree assessment and are in possession of the required requisites, have an expense fund equal to 28,000.00 euros. Therefore, the finalists who do not win the first prize are authorized to issue a parcel or invoice as a reimbursement of flat-rate expenses for the second in the following ranking:
- 2nd place: 10,000.00 euros;
- 3rd place: 7,000.00 euros;
- 4th place: 6,000.00 euros;
- 5th place: 5,000.00 euros.
European design competition for the new Marene school campus