Competition for School Managers: after the publication in the Official Gazette of 22 December 2022 of the Regulations, the announcement is expected shortly. Clarified the access requirements, some more info on the possible pre-selection test. To find out whether it will take place or not, it will be necessary to wait for the conclusion of the presentation of the questions, so it is good to think about it in time since the release of a database of questions is not even foreseen.
The entry requirements
School directors competition: for tenured teachers with at least 5 years of service. Years of precarious work are also valid, but only if carried out in state schools
The competition to become a headteacher is divided into:
- eventual pre-test
- written test
- oral exam
- evaluation of titles
The pre-selection test, as we read in article 6 of the Regulations, takes place in each regional office in the event that the number of candidates is more than four times the total number of places available:
Where the number of candidates who have applied to participate in the recruitment procedure is more than four times the number of places available overalla pre-selective test is carried out in each regional office.
In summary, these are the characteristics of the test:
- the test is carried out with the aid of computerized systems and is unique for the whole national territory;
- the test takes place in the venues identified by the USR, possibly even in several sessions in relation to the number of candidates (in the latter case, in each session different questions taken from a single database are administered, in any case ensuring homogeneity and equivalence of tests, so as to ensure the same degree of selectivity among all participants);
- the test is not carried out by candidates with disabilities, with a percentage of disability equal to or greater than 80%;
- the test consists of a test divided into 50 multiple-choice questions, concerning the same disciplinary areas of the written test (the division of the questions between the disciplinary areas, as well as the duration of the test, is established in the notice of competition);
- each of the 50 multiple choice questions is awarded 1 (one) point for each correct answer, 0 (zero) points for each wrong or missing answer;
- the order of the questions is given in a random and diversified manner for each candidate;
- the database of questions is not published;
- the performance and correction take place with the aid of computerized systems;
- the score achieved by the candidate is returned at the end of the test itself;
- the mark obtained does not contribute to the score in the merit ranking;
- three times the number of places available for each region pass the test. Therefore there will not be a minimum passing score but the score to access the next test will be determined by the score achieved by all the candidates. Furthermore, all candidates who achieve the same score as the last of those admitted and candidates with disabilities who have not taken the (pre-selective) test are admitted to the written test, pursuant to article 20, paragraph 2-bis, of law 104 /ninety two;
- failure to appear for the test on the established day, time and venue, for any reason, even if due to force majeure, will result in exclusion from the competition.
What to study for the preselective
The test consists of a test divided into 50 multiple-choice questions, which concern the same disciplinary areas as the written test (the division of questions between the disciplinary areas, as well as the duration of the test, is established in the notice of competition). Prior publication of the database of questions is not foreseen.
Here are the disciplinary areas
- Legislation referring to the education and training system and to the educational systems in Italy with particular attention to the reform processes in progress;
- Methods of conducting complex organizations and managing groups, with particular reference to the reality of state schools and educational institutions;
- Planning, management and evaluation processes of educational institutions, with particular reference to the preparation and management of the three-year plan of the educational offer, the preparation of the self-evaluation report, the improvement plan and social reporting, within the framework of the institutions’ autonomy scholastic and in relation to the training needs of the territory;
- Organization of learning environments, with particular reference to school inclusion,
digital innovation and innovation processes in teaching, within an adequate pedagogical planning;
- Work organization and personnel management, with particular reference to personnel situations
- Evaluation and self-evaluation of personnel, learning and school systems and processes;
- Elements of civil and administrative law, with particular reference to the legal obligations and typical responsibilities of the school manager, as well as criminal law with particular reference to crimes against the public administration and to the detriment of minors;
- State accounting, with particular reference to financial planning and management at state educational institutions and related special companies;
- Educational systems of the countries of the European Union.
Will there also be English in the pre-selective test?
The answer is negative, since knowledge of the English language begins to affect the competition starting from the written test, where it will be the subject of two of the questions proposed.
When will the preselection take place?
We can’t know today. It will be necessary to wait for the announcement, the presentation of the applications, the counting and then the preparation of the useful dates.
Headmaster competition, will there also be English in the pre-selective test? – Horizon School News