Harassment: talking about it to free speech
School bullying worries parents.
Very often kept away from their children’s problemsthe parents very often find themselves destitute and are unaware of what their children are going through within their school.
As sudden as it is incomprehensible, the #Anti2010 phenomenon let loose a wave of hatred on social networks, aiming 6th gradersnew arrivals in their establishments and born in 2010.
A case that suddenly arose in the media to such an extent that many parents are wondering:
- How do I react if my child is being bullied?
- What should I do if my child witnesses bullying from his classmates?
- who can help me ?
- what behaviors to adopt?
more than 700,000 students are harassed in France
A situation that the Minister of National Education does not take lightly by reminding school heads to be extremely vigilant.
In France, 1 in 10 students educated in CE2, CM1 and CM2 is victim of school bullying.
On arrival in 6th grade, this percentage increases to 10% of college students.
At the top level, 4% of high school students are victims of harassment.
To discuss this subject which appeals to many families in Brittany, Romain AMBRO received:
Signs of school bullying:
- a school dropout with declining grades and academic performance
- a dropout (the fear of attacks would explain 25% of the absenteeism of middle and high school students)
- a desocialization
- sleep problems
- loss of appetiteeven bulimia Where anorexia
- a somatization like headaches, stomachaches
- self-destructive behavior even suicidal
Victim or witness of bullying: how to react?
“I am a victim of bullying”
- talk to someone you trust (a friend, one of the parents, a neighbor, a supervisor, a teacher, the CPE, the school nurse…) who can listen to the situation and talk about it if necessary.
- don’t keep it to yourself
- do not take refuge in silence
- write, take notes or draw to remember and tell what happened
- do not solve this problem alone : violence does not solve anything and can lead to problems
- contact “No to Harassment“ to 3020 Where “net listening“ to 3018 if the harassment takes place on the internet)
“I witness bullying”
- talk to someone you trust (a friend, family, neighbour, supervisor, teacher, CPE, school nurse…) who can listen to the situation and help if needed
- contact 3020 to alert (Where the 3018 if the harassment takes place on the internet)
“Your child is being bullied”
- don’t try to solve the problem on your own
- interact with your child by reassuring him, by telling him that he is not the problem
- hold a maximum detail and write them down which will shed some light on the problem
- ask for an appointment with school, college or high school which will allow you to explain the situation and what your child is going through to the head of the establishment
- contact a parent delegate who will listen and can accompany you in your steps while having an outside opinion
- take screenshots in case of harassment on the internet (messages, photos, insults on social networks…)
- report this content on the platform Pharos and complete the illegal content report form
- contact “No to Harassment“ to 3020 who can accompany you and help you
School bullying: what are the signs that should alert us? how to talk about it with your child?