Recently, the Colombian Institute for the Evaluation of Education (Icfes) revealed the results of the Saber 11 Tests of 2022 to find out the best schools in Colombia, where in the top 5 is an institution from the department of Norte de Santander.
This test, which is carried out every year for people who are in grade 11, has as its main objective to provide information on the skills and competencies of students who are going to enter higher education programs.
That is why the Saber 11 Test is a way to monitor the quality of education in the country’s educational institutions, which is why days ago the Icfes announced the results of the latest tests and with this it was possible to visualize the panorama of education in Colombia.
For example, the academic institution that ranked first at the national level was the Colegio Liceo Campo David, in Bogotá, with an overall score of 381.54 and a simple score of 76.8. followed by Barranquilla, Cali, again a school in Bogotá, and Cambridge School, in the municipality of Pamplona, Norte de Santander.
“We send our most emotional congratulations to our 2022 Bachelors, their families, our Management team, teachers and collaborators who, with their effort, commitment, dedication, discipline and high sense of belonging to our school have managed to continue positioning the Cambridge School as a national benchmark for education of excellence, quality and comprehensiveness”, pointed out Ovidio Melo, director of the institution.
Top 20 of the best schools nationwide
- Campo David High School (382 points, Bogotá)
- Boston International Educational Center (381, Barranquilla)
- Diana Oese Bilingual School (377, Cali)
- New Colombo American College (376, Bogotá)
- Cambridge School (374, Pamplona, Norte de Santander)
- Contemporary Gym (373, Armenia)
- Anglo-Canadian College (372, Neiva)
- Anglo American College (372, Bogota)
- San Mateo Apóstol School (370, Yopal, Casanare)
- New Cambridge School (370, Floridablanca, Santander)
- Divino Niño Bilingual School (369, Bucaramanga)
- San Diego Gym (368, Floridablanca, Santander)
- San Carlos College (368, Bogota)
- La Quinta del Puente School (367, Floridablanca, Santander)
- Vermont Gym (366, Bogota)
- San Jorge de Inglaterra College (366, Bogotá)
- Calibio Gymnasium School (365, Popayán)
- Alessandro Volta Gym (365, Bogota)
- Calatrava College (363, Bogota)
- Jorge Washington School (363, Cartagena)
How to validate the baccalaureate with the Icfes?
The entity recalled that all national and foreign citizens of legal age who failed to finish their training in an educational institution, They can achieve the bachelor’s degree through this validation exam, which they must pass with a total score equal to or greater than 30 points.
“We are more than evaluation and, therefore, we continually work to create opportunities for personal growth and contribute, with our measurements, to the quality of academic training throughout the educational cycle,” said Icfes CEO, Andrés Molano.
According to Icetex, the Academic Baccalaureate Validation test assesses skills in critical reading, mathematics, natural and social sciences, and English.
“It is important to clarify that the exam is not aimed at those who complete their academic cycle through validation courses, but at those who did not start or did not finish their secondary education. By presenting the validation exam, they are able to certify that they do have the necessary skills to obtain the bachelor’s degree. To achieve this achievement, they must exceed 30 of the 60 possible points,” added the entity.
“Through State tests we generate data that helps measure the quality of education in Colombia. Our objective is to exploit this wealth of information to have better inputs when generating public policies that contribute to reducing the learning gaps that currently exist in the country. Thanks for trusting us. Congratulations on this big step in your educational journey and as an institute we are pleased to create opportunities for the future.”, pointed out the CEO.
The next application of this exam will be on Sunday, March 26, 2023 and registration for ordinary registration will be open until Thursday, December 29, 2022. Those interested can register by entering: www.icfes.gov.co.
A school in Norte de Santander is among the top five with Icfes scores